At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Quality Engineering (QE) team is looking for a Quality Engineer to join us in Beijing China. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to make a difference in the way the kernel works. You will gain a deep understanding of a variety of technologies, including Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and kernel. You will make sure that our solutions fulfill the highest possible enterprise quality, performance, usability, and supportability criteria. As a Senior Quality Engineer, you'll serve as the last instance before applications are released to the public. You'll create and carry out test plans, research new features, and develop automated tests. You'll need to have the ability to think creatively and adapt to rapid change, as well as a willingness to learn new things.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Work with the complete Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) solutions portfolio and be responsible for the delivery of RHEL
- Create and review test plans and suggest improvements for product planning processes
- Develop new automated and manual tests; develop frameworks to ease test development and automation to speed up implementation
- Take responsibility for kernel testing, supervising that it is done successfully and in a timely manner
- Analyze and prioritize quality risks and identify tests required to mitigate them
- Monitor the automatic execution of the existing test scripts and debug failures in the test cases
- Document and maintain test specifications and test reports
- Collaborate with kernel developer counterpart, product/project manager and release engineering teams across the globe to ensure the development and delivery of kernel fixes meet both the schedule and high quality standards.
- Mentor junior team members
- Contribute bug fixes to upstream and provide demos of the solutions and technologies
- 5+ years of experience in Linux quality engineering (QE) or software engineering
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science or a related engineering field, or relevant professional experience
- Familiarity with scripting using Python and/or Bash, etc.
- Debugging, troubleshooting, and analytical skills
- Ability to remain patient and diligent when working on detailed tasks
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with a global team
- Multi-tasking skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines
- Solid written and verbal communication skills in English
[ Please send me your CV to: [email protected] ]