Student.com is the leading global marketplace for student housing
We help students of all nationalities compare rooms near their university in the world's top destinations. We are creating the new international student experience using leading-edge architecture built for global scale. We build products that serve students in over 20 languages, across web, mobile and social. We have a strict focus across all teams on making the lives of students better. We've created a fast-paced yet close-knit culture and we do whatever it takes to move mountains and achieve our mission.
Student.com Tech is building the new International student experience. We are helping students from over 100 countries through their journey, using leading-edge architecture built for global scale, a dedication to excellence in engineering and a strict focus on making the lives of students better. We build products that serve students in over 20 languages, across web, mobile and social.
As a Web Developer, you will be creating the platform for students from around the world. You will be involved from the brainstorming of ideas, through the problem solving of implementation, and all way to deploying to data centers globally. You could be working on CRM tool that powers the whole business or tackling some of our more complicated problems, like how to deliver a fast, localized experience to students around the world.
- Changing the way the world thinks about study abroad accommodation
- A fast-paced environment
- Not being afraid try new things
- Working with a world-class team committed to making you better
- Writing code you are proud of
Skills & Experience
- Strong computer science fundamental knowledge
- Mastery of web development technologies including but not limited to:
- HTML5 & DOM APIs
- Tools & Testing (e.g., Jasmine, Gulp)
- MVC web stack (e.g., Symfony 2)
- Server side languages (e.g., PHP, Node, Python)
- Working knowledge of how the browser functions and how to squeeze the most out of it (performance, rendering)
- Experience doing TDD
- Good English communication skills a plus
Apply for this Job
Please send an email to [email protected] with your name, email, phone and cv, thanks!