Student.com is the leading global marketplace for student housing
We help students of all nationalities compare rooms near their university in the world's top destinations. We are creating the new international student experience using leading-edge architecture built for global scale. We build products that serve students in over 20 languages, across web, mobile and social. We have a strict focus across all teams on making the lives of students better. We've created a fast-paced yet close-knit culture and we do whatever it takes to move mountains and achieve our mission.
Student.com Tech is building the new International student experience. We are helping students from over 100 countries through their journey, using leading-edge architecture built for global scale, a dedication to excellence in engineering and a strict focus on making the lives of students better. We build products that serve students in over 20 languages, across web, mobile and social.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be involved in the automation of the company's infrastructure and software development process. You will be expected to use your technical experience and natural problem-solving ability to help the company grow. Specifically, you will design, build and administer the systems which the company uses to deliver our product. Having worked with Amazon Web Services, you will fit right in as you provision, deploy and monitor the company's production systems.
You'll be part of a small but important team and will work with members of the wider Engineering team to automate the software development process. You will become the developer's best friend as they rely on you to speed their development and create a seamless pipeline from their local development environment through to production.
- Automate the deployment of systems and software
- Synchronize development, testing, staging and production environments using containers
- Build and operate the company ’ s Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Work with developers to understand infrastructure needs
- Create infrastructure solutions alongside software developers
- Extend and manage production logging and alerting systems
- Monitor production systems, ensuring maximum uptime and availability
- Collaborate as a team to create an efficient, stable and industry-leading infrastructure
Skills & Experience
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience as a Software Developer or System Administrator
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Amazon Web Services
- Production experience with Docker
- Knowledge of Ansible, AnsibleTower and Ansible playbooks
- Basic Linux system administration
- Track record in automated testing and Continuous Integration a bonus
- Experience with procedural programming a bonus
- Good English communication skills a plus
Apply for this Job
Please send an email to [email protected] with your name, email, phone and cv, thanks!