Database & Infrastructure Engineer
Telecommute. Work from anywhere
How to apply
Add our admin WeChat "dokoSL" with message "V2EX".
We are looking for an experienced database & infrastructure engineer to help make doko.com as stable and reliable as possible. We are growing quickly on both the business and infrastructure side and are at the point where we need more expertise to help with that growth.
This is a part-time / contract job. We take small steps as we hire.
You can work from anywhere. We're a fully remote team spread across different cities.
doko.com is “ The marketplace for Apple users ”. We offer a new type of online advertisement. One that adds value to our lives, not tension, a system that benefits consumers and brands. A place where only privacy and good service counts.
We're looking for people who like to solve problems and build a business and product that Apple users genuinely love to interact with.
- Part-time/contract availability, with the option of going full-time in the coming months.
- Active involvement in design, implementation and maintenance of the development, staging and production infrastructure and services.
- Troubleshoot system issues (such as api, memory, CPU etc.) and come up with temporary/long-term solutions based on the root cause.
- Ensure proper security, monitoring, alerting and reporting for the infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot issues across the whole stack: hardware, software, and network.
- Document current and future procedures, configuration and policies in the wiki.
What we need from you
- Experience using PHP (CodeIgniter & Laravel)
- Experience using PostgreSQL
- Experience with high traffic websites (preferred)
- Realize high quality, scalable solutions
- Experience using nginx, hosting platforms and facilities
- Strong knowledge of UNIX
- Experience with git
- Apple user
- Ability to communicate in English