一个是想看看大家是否对来柏林工作感兴趣，介绍了 Wayfair 柏林的软件工程师的工作生活情况，有兴趣请爬楼这里： https://www.v2ex.com/t/552516
两天前发了一个公司介绍并给了提交 CV 页面的帖子： https://www.v2ex.com/t/555496
看来感兴趣的人还是蛮多的，你也可以直接 Email 给我你的 CV: enpoYW5nMUB3YXlmYWlyLmNvbQ== (Base64 encode) 我来内推一下！
- Senior Software Engineer - PHP (m/f)
- Locations: Berlin, Germany
- Categories: Engineering - Operations
At Wayfair, we are solving complex business problems with technology to serve our millions of customers, to sell and deliver a catalog of millions of products, and to continue growing at a rapid pace. Building on our profitability in North America, Europe is a major focus for growth at Wayfair with its unique market challenges and opportunities.
We're looking for a passionate full-stack engineer who loves to solve complex problems, learns fast, shares knowledge, and balances generating business value with reducing technical debt.
Our growing cross-functional engineering teams extend the e-commerce platform with a focus on efficiency and scalability, impacting the business in real-time.
You will be working on our supply chain, inventory management, product catalog, order management or customer-facing applications creating superior experiences that exceed customer expectations.
Your role at Wayfair
- Build web-based, PHP-centric applications that are robust, scalable, and user-friendly
- Solve a wide range of challenging business problems, in turn extending the competitive advantage that separates Wayfair from other online retailers
- Work on a diverse group of systems that covers everything in the web stack – frontend tools, batch and event-driven processing
- Work with several large and complex SQL databases and queries
- Develop algorithms to streamline backend business workflows
- Contribute to architectural and code review discussions that impact our engineering ecosystem
What you bring to the table
- Several years of object-oriented web development experience - ideally using PHP or the desire to learn PHP
- Experience working with relational database management systems
- Experience and/or the desire to work in an agile environment
- Interest in being challenged in a fast-paced environment while having fun
- Analytical and creative mindset, with a passion for solving business problems with technology
- Ability to quickly translate business requirements into working features
- Proficient oral and written communications skills and ability to collaborate with other engineering teams
- We look forward to receiving your application, ideally including code samples (e.g. on GitHub).
And finally, our proposition to you!
- A competitive salary, yearly bonus, and an attractive equity package
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops, and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership, not only in the Berlin office but also with Boston, London, and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our [email protected] program to enhance your professional and personal development
- Regular company-sponsored social events to connect with your team and fellow colleagues
- An office location in the heart of the Berlin startup scene, with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points with a superior customer service and inspiring interior topics. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Always committed to using technology to create a superior shopping experience, Wayfair developed Wayfair Next which concentrates on 3D visualization technology.
Wayfair generated $3.6 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,700 people.
WayFair is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wayfair is one of the world ’ s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we ’ re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you ’ re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you ’ ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We ’ re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That ’ s why we ’ re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.